Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Do I have to carry a pumpkin? No, the course is plenty fun without it but you will be looked at funny for sure. Who doesn’t haul during “the Haul”?
2. Is the pumpkin included in the price? Yes, a basketball sized (or smaller) pumpkin is part of the package. Be sure to get there early for the best picking in the patch. If you’d like to try to haul a big daddy pumpkin you may have to pay a couple dollars extra.
If you choose to purchase and bring your own pumpkin, register under the “bringing own pumpkin” category.
3. Can I walk? Of course, this is a fun event so go whatever pace you want.
4. What happens before the haul? We recommend arriving AT LEAST one hour before start time so you have time to pickup your packet, pick out your pumpkin from the patch, have it weighed and then participate in our KILLER PUMPKIN BOOTCAMP to help you “warm-up” those pumpkin hauling muscles!
5. Where do I register? HERE of course!
6. How do I volunteer? More details here or email us at email@example.com
7. Are strollers allowed? As much as we would like to see you try this, NO! Too rough and strollers don’t typically do well over hay bales. Children however, are welcome, so haul them if you like.
8. Are dogs allowed? No.
9. Are kids allowed? Heck yeah! As long as they can finish the course with a smile . We will have “mini pumpkins” available for the kiddos to “haul”. Kids 5 and under are free AND get a free mini pumpkin (tee and regular sized pumpkin not included, but can be purchased event day for only $10)
10. Where is Chatfield Botanic Gardens? Click HERE!
11. Do you offer refunds? N0 – And not under any circumstances, sorry. We are happy to help you transfer your entry to someone else and if you can’t find someone to take your spot we will donate your entire entry fee to one of our charities (or one of your choice).
12. Can I switch waves? No, sorry. Waves sell out quickly so we recommend choosing your wave wisely and make sure all friends and family register when you do so you don’t get forced into separate waves!
13. What is at the post race party? There will be a free kids course, food trucks, hot cider, costume contest, face painting, fun awards, discounted tickets to the corn maze and other treats to celebrate fall!